Monday, September 20, 2010

Google's new priority Inbox

As a part of my profile as Manager - Internet Banking at Deutsche Bank, India I undertook conceptualization of marketing campaigns to promote our online services with the customer base.

The crux of the activity lay behind understanding the psyche of the customer and ensure that he at least gets to see the mail sent in his inbox. There were some ways of bettering chances to promote the "mail open" ratio. For instance not to send mails on Friday evenings as the customer would probably not check his mails over the weekend and loose the mail. The ideal time to send out a mail would be in the afternoon so that by the evening when the customer becomes a little free from office, is at least inclined to open the mail.

One of the most effective tactics was to send the mail out late in the evening (like 1 am or 2 am ) so that the mail resides on the "top of his mail box" next day morning. The top of the mail box is real important piece of real estate as the customer would tend to start his work in the FIFO manner.

The smart guys at Google realized this neat trick and have now developed "Priority Inbox" which sorts mails based on relevance to the customer! Man..marketing guys need to evolve a step further now!

2 comments:

  1. I am using Priority Inbox myself and it saves me quite a bit of time and it ironically motivates me to prioritise appropriately and not spend my time reading junk forwarded e-mails. Your blog contains some pretty spiffy bites, Adi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ! I like spiffy!

    These are signs that Google really means business when it comes to running their company. Big difference in the orientation of thought from other service providers and when I have enough money I am gonna get some shares!

    ReplyDelete